One Piece: Red Line Chess Set

 !!Yohoho!!


Hello!

Here are my updates on my One Piece-themed Chess set! I redesigned most of the pieces because I started considering how I would take the pieces apart to be 3d-printed. 

So, as usual... 

here are my process screenshots with explained details of what I struggled on and how I solved them!











King : Luffy

I decided to pop the image to illustrator and screenshotted the vectorized drawing of my thumbnail (without the outline). this way it's much easier to trace with curve tool. I used 2 spheres to make the skull.






Queen: Zoro

I decided to add a skull to the design and re-position the sword. This way, the flow of order and sequence among the pieces make more sense.




Rook: Nami

I decided to change the idea from log pose to eternal pose (different things same idea just different model).



Bishop: Sanji

I decided to add a fork to balance the symmetry better. 



Knight: Usopp

I decided to add a target symbol behind the slingshot, I don't want people mistaking it for a tuning fork. This one has the least detail among all of the pieces.


Pawn: Merry

I didn't alter much from the original design but the execution was challenging , it still turned out good tho.

Photos of the Crew!









Final Renders! 




3D Print version










Comments

Popular Posts