Swing of the Century Final Project and the messy tutorial on how to make it

 Rendered images of "swing of the century" body: 



           Alright! Where to start... uhmmm... yes! This was a fun project for me and it was very satisfying once I finally finished the piece. So without further ado, here's the messy tutorial on how I assembled the whole thing!

 

Process: 


 Properly cut them out and score them. 
Gently crease the scores like you do with origami. 
I figured that starting from bigger parts of the object and moving to finer details is the best way to go in this project. Make sure that all of the parts are all ready to be folded because the lesser time you touch the glue, the neater the your object will turn out.


Time for folding and glueing. Same thing, biggest to smallest, it will make things more organized. Also, I have mentioned this before but when folding the hexagonal ceiling and alike, put a messy quilt inside with width the same as the hexagon's height. This will prevent your object from caving in. 

There is a stick inside the pole, the length of the stick is the sum of the 2 horizontal planes' height, the height of the pole and an additional half an inch. 


How to make the GEARS:



After attaching the horizontal stick (which serves as the center pole). You might have notices that it keeps on dropping down. The easiest solution for this is to wrap tape around until the circumference is of the pole is larger than the hole.

And then,  Assemble the rest:

Process of making the swing set:

            Okay first of all, I was too caught up with how can I make the object twirl properly that I wasn't really thinking much of how I can make the swing set. The first thing that I thought of is that it needs to be aerodynamic or else it's gonna look like banderitas and the people on the ride will tip over and die. They need to be a little heavy and have holes for the air to swerve in. so I did this:

I find origami very therapeutic and as I was trying to calm myself down, I thought, why not just use this origami as the back of the seat, wires as structure, make a paper seat and it will look like those hanging chairs. So I did. 
















    Okay, I know, this looks like a safety hazard, A person who sits in this swings will get yeeted to oblivion. But hey, Atleast it looks cute.

For the "chain" of the swing, I basically just folded four 4.5 inches long x 0.5 inch paper into half  and used swivel fold on the upper end of the swings. I glued the fold and this allowed the cord to cut through the air.

This is how they are attached:


Final outcome:


A Bug's POV:


spin spin spin!



THANK YOU FOR READING ~ 💖








Comments

Popular Posts