Reverse Engineering Project: Process 1

 FLOW COMMAND


In this blog, I only focused on reverse engineering the upper half of my object, the apple core remover. 

With the use of my digital caliper, I tried my best to be precise with the measurement. And this is how it turned out:

My initial plan was to section the upper half into four; the spikes, the ring, the half ring and the silver oblong hilt but after talking to my professor, I found a more efficient way of doing it.


I was having trouble using the flow command


 

I flattened the whole upper body of the object and used array crv, trim and join to create the spiky "T" you are seeing above. The circle beside it is very important because this will serve as a target curve, when we use the Flow command.



When I first used the flow command, I didn't know what to do and where to click because I was expecting 2 clicks and enter but it wasn't working. After so many trial and errors, I found that, first you must select the whole object you are planning to curve, enter, then click one to the end of the object  and then another click to the other end (this determines, which part of the object will you be flowing) and lastly, click to the curve. 

The picture above is basically how my first passable fail flow. Okay but not perfect, It didn't do a perfect circle despite the curve being a circle.

So, I tried taking out just little bit of the curve, and it worked.



And then I made the oblong hilt, added a metallic look and this is how it turned out.


I also used, fillet edges to round off the edges, just to add detail on it. 



To be continued...


Before I go, here is the cup I made from last class. Made with my comfort and liking in mind.

Perfect with tea and hot beverages. 






 

Comments

Popular Posts