moving "swing of the century" prototype

  For this assignment, I remember loving the idea of amusement park rides specially carousels and how thoroughly underwhelmed I was when I finally got to ride one in real-life. The experience is better in movies and music videos than it is in real life. The tall swings that yeet you around 10 feet off the air however are the best rides of all time in my opinion. There's a surge of euphoria that boils inside me whenever I ride one, as I could reach the clouds above. So here we are...


I chose not to attach the swings yet.

I made 5 different parts of this prototype; the triangle, the placards, the hexagonal stage, the larger step floor(the same measurements as the hexagon on its ceiling ), and the actual floor ( the same measurement of the lowest hexagon on the ceiling ).




Here's the folded and unfolded form of the hexagonal top triangle.











Here's the folded and the unfolded version of the headboards/placards on the ceiling. 


Here are the folded and unfolded version of the actual floor and the lower ceiling.










 

Here’s the folded and the unfolded version of the other hexagonal steps above and below the carousel









And here’s the folded and unfolded versions of the center pole.












Comments

Popular Posts