Mold Process : the Bunny

 This is the Process of the Bunny










The following are the 3D printed forms for the mold





This is when creating the mold:





We realized that plaster had gotten inside the print because it has tiny mini holes but it didn't really make that much of a problem. Now I have a paperweight at home.


This is the mold side by side with the 3D print,


Creating an object using the mold:

And much like everyone in my class, our first try wasn't great. 
Some parts of the mold were not properly cleaned off from the vaseline causing those certain parts to repel the clay mixture, in addition to not waiting long enough for it to dry. 

Also as I've said, my design was not as good as I initially thought it would be because the openings on which I need to pour the mixture are very small and tight. Thankfully, there are 4 little holes, so I could pour the mixture a lot easier without thinking about bubbles from the inside.


the thin parts are where the vaseline was


I finally Created One! Yay!
This is the not refined one. I left it in the molf for almost 4 hours. I went to class and went back to it and it was still a little wet when I came back but it was good enough to take out and for it not to rip.





the next day, I created a second one and left it for 7 hours, unintentionally. I'm quite forgetful. It turned out great tho. this one was a lot easier to pull out and I also cleaned its edges






Comments

Popular Posts