Reverse Engineering Project: Process II


Part 2 of the Reverse Engineering Project! : The Handle



                Compared to my other classmates, my project is neither complicated nor daunting but I still struggled a bit, and that's okay because at least, now, I know better. :)


First of all, I scanned the hilt and since it wasn't flat at all, it turned out blurry and too bright but it's okay, I just needed an image to put measurements in any way. 

My initial plan was to use the Network Surface command because it was really cool to do.  But after hours of trying, with no fruit to bear, I have accepted that it's better to try other methods.




I tried doing a revolve, knowing full well that it's not round so that went to scrap. I tried using curves to make planes and planes into 3d models but I forgot that it works best if the shapes are triangle, which I thought wouldn't work well with the weird shape of the hilt that I got.



And then I decided to just do it the long way, making extrusions to carve the object that I want! Also using the curves from my planar attempt as guides to where and how much I should cut the object. 



            It worked! I finally got the rough shape that I wanted and was aiming for.  And then, I just used the command fillet edges to smooth and round out the rough edges.


YAY!
I did it!


It was a decor but I think the steel looked good so I added it as well.







It's me!
Hi!




                It felt like a long time since I had written a blog (not good), I'm sorry. I have been busy keeping myself alive since my brain is mentally ill and I don't trust it. I stayed with my family as long as I could for the past weeks and I am feeling better now and ready to do my best ones again. :) 

Anyway... Thank you for reading <3


Comments

Popular Posts