Castle: Castillo de Carvajal

 Castillo de Carvajal 


(initial sketch)


             It had been a while seen I had used Rhinoceros but nevertheless, I was really excited about this project. I was supposed to document the process but I was on a creative roll that I just spent 6 hours straight on it as soon as I got home from school. I am using a MacBook Pro and I always had been since my first year so it was hard for me to get adjusted to the school computer. Admittedly, it's not as complicated as I make it seem to be but I use "option" and "command" so often in Rhino that it's a bit uncomfortable for me so I'd much rather work on my own MacBook and when the time comes that I need to use the school computers I will just transfer my file through a USB drive. 

            I was so excited to work on this project that I forgot to take screenshots of my processes and progress. But here are photos of the castle in different angles and render modes on Rhino. 







        I found myself using Boolean Difference a lot and right-clicking on my mouse allows me to choose previews actions, it cut me the time from typing it out over and over again. I found working on top and from view and then rechecking on perspective view after, works well for me. 





     Is there a story behind the design? 

       Yes, there is actually. It's simple, I wanted a floating castle to represent a new futuristic civilization on top of the ruins of the old civilization.  Although it's vague and not really a story, it's something to work towards. Simplifying an idea allows one to convey one's ideas more effectively. 

I love creating art that inspires other people's imagination because usually, other people's art inspires mine.


                                                                        ~<3~

I decided to add a piece of land underneath the arches to further the storytelling. And with the help of my friend, Emily, who taught me how to add lighting, texture, and color, I was able to bring more life to Castillo de Carvajal. 



(new design)




CASTILLO DE CARVAJAL
(color rendering)




CASTILLO DE CARVAJAL








(Itong kastilyo ay para sa aking sinisintang bumihag ng aking puso)




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts